THE LOTUS CENTRE PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
The Lotus Centre, owned and operated by Meranda Squires, respects your privacy and treats your personal information with utmost respect.
It is our commitment to comply, to the best of our ability, with applicable personal information and data protection regulations outlined in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Canada’s federal private-sector data privacy law, and Newfoundland’s Privacy Act (RSNL 1990 Chapter p-22) https://assembly.nl.ca/legislation/sr/statutes/p22.htm
- Personal Information. We collect personal information such as your name, billing details, mailing address, email and the workshops, courses and/or sessions attended. This information is used strictly for the purposes of facilitating the payment transactions, personalizing your experience, improving personal support, and sending emails (which you can unsubscribe from at any time). We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personal information to any outside parties.
Please read this policy carefully before participating in all activities offered by The Lotus Centre.
The information shared in activities offered by The Lotus Centre is often deeply personal. Participants are in a unique position to understand and support each other through listening and speaking in an intimate way. This is the essence of the inner work and healing that often occurs during the workshops, courses, dyads, programs and Enlightenment Intensives (EIs). By participating in any of these activities you are agreeing to keep ALL shared information strictly confidential and not to refer to any information that was shared outside of the context of the environment in which it was shared.
Please note that The Lotus Centre often records lectures related to the course materials. Any comments participants make during the recorded lectures may be captured in these recordings. You will be advised in advance when The Lotus Centre is recording and will be encouraged to keep comments during lectures to a minimum. There is ample time provided outside of the lectures for group sharing. Discussions during the group sharing will be identified as such and will not be recorded. This is appropriate for more candid discussion.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WEBSITE CONTACT FORMS
We collect information that you submit by using our forms, responding to surveys, commenting on the website, using the search bar, or when ordering a product or service. We use this information to deliver the service or product, to improve our overall performance and your user experience, and to provide you with information related to The Lotus Centre.
We use Google Analytics to better understand how people navigate our website. When people visit our website, behavioral information about their visit (which pages are seen, how long they spend on a specific page) is sent anonymously to Google Analytics. However, the data is not personal in nature, meaning there is no way to identify individuals from the data. We use this information to deliver the service or product, to improve our overall performance and your user experience, and to provide you with offers, promotions, or information. We ensure that no personal data is ever shared with our analytics provider (Google) and since this data is not personal in nature, we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of that email, along with your email address and our responses to you. If you are a client of The Lotus Centre and use email to communicate, you are fully protected by client-coach confidentiality and your emails are secured. We are committed to keeping your email confidential and do not share this information with any 3rd party.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
We use commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of your data, such as using Standard Security Protocols and using reputable 3rd party vendors. Some of the information you may enter on our website (such as a credit card number) may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Credit card information is never transmitted via email.
For website security, we use software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized attempts to log-in or cause damage to the website. This ensures that our website remains secure and fully available to all its users.
You have certain rights under Canadian and Newfoundland and Labrador privacy legislation. Included are the following:
- We will retain the information you choose to provide until you ask us to delete it, we decide to cease using our existing data providers, or we decide that the value of retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data and either rectify it or erase it.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and request the portability of that data.
- You have the right to withdraw your permission for us to process your data.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over the federal and provincial privacy legislation.
- We require only the information that is reasonably required to provide services to you.
We are here to serve you and work very hard to make your experience with The Lotus Centre a success. We welcome your comments and questions and respond to them within 72 hours. To connect with us, please send us an email at: email@example.com
By participation in any activities provided by The Lotus Centre and by using our website, you are agreeing to the terms specified on this page.
(Policy – April 23, 2021)